ASK: Author, Specialist, Knowledge
TWICE partners with various educational organizations around Michigan to bring ASK Author videoconferences to students. ASK (“Authors Specialist and Knowledge”) is an organized process that provides students with the opportunity to interview an author or a subject specialist in the topic they are reading about in a novel. The program uses excellent literature, journal writing and interviewing to promote reading for understanding.
- Step-by-Step Process for Teachers
- Making Your ASK Connection a Success
- ASK Video: Show to students if you want. Just pay attention to if your ASK program is with a specialist or an author.
- Books: You are responsible for acquiring copies of the book(s) for your students.
- Evaluation. Please evaluate the program after you participate.
- ASK Schedule for 2013-2014 (pdf) ***Updated 9.3.13***
Cost: $40 for TWICE Organization Members; $80 for non-members or individual members.
Cancellation Procedures: For a full refund, cancellations must be submitted 5 weeks (25 business days) ahead of time. Programs cancelled less than 5 weeks before the date of the program will still be billed for the full cost.
Technology: These programs are available via IP and SIP.
Multipoint: Each session is shared with up to three classes participating.
Time Zone: Michigan is in the Eastern time zone and follows Daylight Savings Time.
Waiting List. If a program you want is full, please register & note waiting list. Sometimes schools cancel and we'd like to have the sessions full if possible.
Please note who is doing the bridging for your session - see the Partners section for that program below.
ASK Schedule for 2013-2014 (pdf) ***Updated 9.3.13***
To Register for ASK programs: Log in to CAPspace