TWICE Verification is a process to check your videoconference equipment and how it connects. It lays the foundation for projects such as Read Around the Planet, Michigan Week, Polycom Special Events, and other events occuring in CAPspace (Collaborations Around the Planet). Verification occurs annually in the fall and continues as needed throughout the school year. Equipment verification will help prevent classes from being mismatched due to technical incompatibilities. Verification does not eliminate the need for a test call to the partner school.
Verification Partners help us make this happen. Thank you to all of our verification partners who help do the test calls.
CAPspace & Verification Training Videos
- CAPspace Training For Teachers (No equipment information)
- CAPspace Training For Videoconference coordinators of one system
- CAPspace Training For Videoconference coordinators of multiple systems
- CAPspace Training For Videoconference coordinators of multiple systems and an MCU
Step 1: CAPspace account & "Admin button".
- First, consider who should take care of the verification. If you coordinate videoconferencing for your school, you should do these steps. If you are a teacher, your coordinator should do this for you.
Step 2: Add Your Equipment
- Next you'll want to add all the videoconference systems that you support.
- Click Admin, My Equipment.
- If you have a MCU/bridge, add it first. The matching system will use the number of unique concurrent connections to make sure connections scheduled don’t exceed the ability of the MCU.
- Add Endpoints. Make sure you fill in all the fields marked with a star. Use a naming connection that works for your area, such as St. Joseph - Lincoln El Mobile (district name, then school/equipment name). Please don't call it "polycom" or "tandberg". Give it a name that suggests its location.
- Manage Technical Contacts. The system assumes that more than one person supports the unit. So click Manage Technical Contacts to get this screen. Enter the name, phone & email of your other tech contacts, or put "none" and then click Update.
- If you indicated that your systems connect through an MCU/bridge, you'll need to attach the MCU to the endpoint as well.
- Now the equipment should be listed as "Ready to Verify" as shown:
Step 3: Wait to be contacted to schedule a Test Call
- Next, your equipment profile gets assigned to one of our Verification Partners. You can see who it is. Click Admin, My Equipment, click the name of the equipment - it's a link. It goes to the equipment profile. On the left you'll see who your assigned verifier is.
- Your verifier will email you with some possible times for a test call & you'll decide together an appropriate time.
Step 4: Teachers and Registration
Finally, will you register for your teachers for programs and events in CAPspace? If you will register for your teachers, you're all done.
If you want your teachers or other people in your school/district to login to CAPspace to register for programs, you'll have to "connect them" to the verified equipment. And, since you're connected to the equipment, you'll get information about the programs they register for.
- First, have them get an account in CAPspace, and then let you know that they did. If they have the same email domain as yours, you should get a notification of their new account on the Home page under Watch List as shown below. You can configure your Watch List under My Settings, Watch List. The Watch List is a list of people you potentially support videoconferencing for in CAPspace.
- From the home page, click on their name to get to their profile. Or use Search, click Watch List, and click the head icon to go to their profile.
- From here, click "I Support VC for this person" as shown below. When the pop up message comes, click OK.
- Next, you'll see the option to attach the person to an equipment profile. If you support multiple systems, you'll see a pull down menu to choose the equipment this person uses. Then click Add to Equipment.
- Finally, you'll see the equipment icons on their profile, along with the name of the equipment they are attached to - as shown below. (If you don't have access to ISDN, you won't see that icon.)
Optional: Attach your end users' equipment to your MCU profile.
For big regional service agencies, your end users may create their own equipment profiles in CAPspace. If they connect through your MCU, you want to have those equipment profiles connected to your MCU profile so that you can get notifications of their registrations.
- Go to My Equipment, Attach MCU.
- Click the blue icon for your MCU.
- Any new units that need to be attached to your MCU will be listed there.
- Check the box beside them, click Update.
- Now you've been listed as a second tech contact on that equipment profile.
- It will be listed in your My Equipment list, where you can edit it as necessary.
- You will also get notifications when they register for events.